- Common Name: Cogon grass 'Rubra', Japanese blood grass
- Synonyms: Imperata cylindrica 'Red Baron', Imperata 'Red Baron'
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Well-drained
- Flowers: Summer
- Flower Colour: Grey, Silver
- Hardiness: H4 - Hardy through most of the UK
- Habit: Deciduous, Tufted
- Height & Spread: 40cm × 30cm
Silvery-white flowers from summer with contrasting long, narrow, reddish foliage turning bright rich crimson through the summer. Ideal for rockeries and borders.
Water well before planting and until established.