- Common Name: Herbaceous Peony, Paeony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring, Summer
- Flower Colour: Red
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Clump-forming
- Height & Spread: 85cm × 60cm
(Rosenfield 1908). Very bright globe shaped flowers of crimson red. The golden stamens beome more prominent as the flowes mature Free flowering on strong stems with fine foliage. A good garden variety which produces excellent blooms for cutting. Late. Ht. 85 cms.
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!
You May Also Like…