- Common Name: Herbaceous Peony, Paeony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Summer
- Flower Colour: Purple, Red
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Clump-forming
- Height & Spread: 85cm × 60cm
(Riviere 1911). An exceptional peony for its unique coloration. Medium sized double blooms of deep amaranthine purple with a black sheen. The flowers are scented like the finest tea rose. A compact growing plant growing to around 85cms. Very late flowering and one of our favourites.
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!
You May Also Like…