- Common Name: Herbaceous Peony, Paeony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring, Summer
- Flower Colour: Pink, White
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Clump-forming
- Height & Spread: 85cm × 60cm
(Hoogendoorn 1949). An extremely beautiful, large double bloom of excellent form and clarity. The flowers open the merest blush pink, and then pale to pure white. Some yellow stamens poke through from the depths of the cente. Gorgeously scented too. Takes a while to establish, but then all the best things in life always will! Mid eason flowering, height around 85cm.
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!