- Common Name: Herbaceous Peony, Paeony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Summer
- Flower Colour: Red
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Clump-forming
- Height & Spread: 90cm × 60cm
(Hollingsworth 1986) A really fantastic new peony, which will ultimately become a popular commercial cut flower as propagation increases. Large bomb shaped flowers of a rich warm red. The stems are thick and long, and the blooms last a long time in water. This peony would make a wonderful gift for a good friend. Early to mid season flowering, height to approximately 90cm.
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!