- Common Name: Herbaceous Peony, Paeony
- Synonyms: Paeonia officinalis 'Alba Plena'
- Position: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil: Well-drained to moist but well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Flowers: May
- Flower Colour: White
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Habit: Herbaceous perennial
If you are familiar with the old fashioned red cottage garden peony, then this is its sumptuous white form. The flowers open with an outer blush of pale pink but quickly change to white. Smaller and neater growing to around 60cm in height and spread. Early flowering during May so a welcome harbinger to the main peony season
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!
You May Also Like…