- Common Name: Tree peony, Paeony, Peony
- Synonyms: Paeonia 'Akashigata'
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring, Summer
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Hardiness: H5 - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters
- Habit: Deciduous, Columnar, Upright
- Height & Spread: 120cm × 90cm
One of our favorite tree peonies of spellbinding beauty. Pale lavender pink with a faint magenta stripe running through the centre of each petal. Very long lasting flowers which open slowly over several days. Broad bright green foliage which emerges purple tinged in the spring. This endearing peony is always a favourite at the Chelsea Flower Show on our displays, and is a great addition to a collection of these magnificent plants. Height and spread after 8 years approx 120cm x 90cm.
AVAILABLE TO ORDER FROM SEPTEMBER
How to plant and care for tree peonies
If you have never grown a tree peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!