- Common Name: Herbaceous Peony, Paeony
- Synonyms: Paeonia 'White Wings'
- Position: Full sun, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Summer
- Flower Colour: White
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Clump-forming
- Height & Spread: 85cm × 60cm
(Hoogendoorn 1949) The most famous single white peony and one that seems to do well in a shady position. Fine large white single flowers with a bright golden centre. Lightly fragrant. Always much admired when in bloom. Midseason. Shorter variety 85cm approx.
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!
You May Be Interested In…