- Common Name: Japanese tree peony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring, Summer
- Flower Colour: Pink, Purple
- Hardiness: H5 - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters
- Habit: Deciduous, Bushy
- Height & Spread: 120cm × 90cm
Immense open cup shaped blooms of a rich shade of lavender pink with darker flares at the base of the petals. Bright grey green foliage. This is one of those cultivars which seems to take forever to open as you watch the buds getting larger and larger. But when a flower opens....gosh! Height and spread after 8 years approx 120cm x 90cm.
Late flowering, a good choice to extend the season.
AVAILABLE TO ORDER FROM SEPTEMBER
How to plant and care for tree peonies
If you have never grown a tree peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!