- Common Name: Japanese tree peony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring
- Flower Colour: Pink, Purple
- Hardiness: Hardy throughout the UK even in severe winters
- Habit: Deciduous, Bushy
- Height & Spread: 120cm × 90cm
This is a large and extremely beautiful tree peony with blooms of pale lilac mauve. The semi-double flowers open wide showing the golden stamens. Individual blooms are very long lasting. This unique colour makes it a worthy addition to a collection of tree peonies. Height and spread after 8 years approx 120cm x 90cm.
How to plant and care for tree peonies
If you have never grown a tree peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!